Hello everyone!
I have learned a lot from the GNML social media campaign. I
learned to utilize all these social media platforms for social change. I have
being using Blogger to communicate the updates about my social change campaign.
I have been using blogger to post about beach- cleanup events happening all
around the world, encouraging people to contribute in every way possible.
As for Twitter, I used it to post photos and provide
information to wider group of people about my social media cleanup. I also used
Twitter to post inspirational quotes, encouraging people to join in this
cause. Also, my campaign is based upon
beach cleanups in Karachi, Pakistan, but I thought of using Twitter to
encourage people to clean the beaches in their surrounding communities all
around the world. The interesting thing about Twitter is that how easily you
can spread your message using 140 characters.
As for YouTube, I learned how we could use visual
images/videos to influence the world. I
have used YouTube to spread my campaign and I will use it even in the future to
upload powerful videos of the all the events related to my campaign.
I have a Facebook page for my social campaign which I use
and will use even in the future to inform people about my campaign. It is a
bigger platform for communicating your message across the globe as it can be
viewed by a very wide population.
Instagram influences the world through the power of images.
Like it is said that a photo is worth a thousand words, in the very same way
Instagram can spread the message about my social campaign through the use of
images. I can upload photos of beach cleanups that I do and encourage other
people to do it too.
LinkedIn is a very interesting platform. You can make a
profile and tell the world who you are and what your campaign is about. I want
to use LinkedIn to find people related to my campaigns like mine, and want to
share my ideas with them and listen to theirs. LinkedIn is not that popular in
Pakistan, but I can not only inform people about how useful it us but also use
it to communicate with people all around the world.
I think creating a Facebook page about my campaign was very
rewarding because I was able to introduce my campaign to a big group of people.
The most challenging was the LinkedIn task. It took me time
to figure out what it actually was and how the platform was to be used, owing
to the fact that I did not know about LinkedIn.
I plan on using the all these social media skills to promote
my social media for social change campaign. These social media skills give me
an opportunity to reach out to a bigger group of people.
No comments:
Post a Comment